Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Jinx and Anxiety (his and mine!)

I jinxed myself.
And Creighton, too, I guess.
In my previous post I wrote about how much Creighton loves to eat. Meals have been pretty fun for us and it's cool to watch CT try new things.And it had been going really well. This picture above was taken just over the weekend!
But wait....look what happened yesterday and again today:

Little Creighton wants SO badly to feed himself, and it isn't going so well and he gets frustrated. What do I do when the kid wants to eat, but refuses to be fed, and isn't quite capable of feeding himself yet?
So that's "Request for Parenting Advice (a.k.a. sanity) #1"

Now, for "Request for Parenting Advice (a.k.a. sanity) #2"
How do we get through this separation anxiety thing? Gosh. Creighton wants his mama these days at first it was really sweet, and flattering. Now, Dave's feelings are getting hurt all the time because he pushes him away to come to me, only to just climb over me and push me away, but then fuss that I'm not holding him. Is there anything we can do to ease this separation anxiety for him....and for us?

And now, for "Request for Parenting Advice (a.k.a. a knock upside the head) #3"
We are leaving tomorrow afternoon for a trip to Colorado...and taking Creighton...in an airplane....with all the gear you have to pack and lug....and a 10 month old who climbs CONSTANTLY....and who has nearly every nap and literally has slept every night (except his first 2 nights home from the hospital) in his crib...what kind of "vacation" have we signed up for?! We'll keep you "posted"!

4 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

The pic of him upset in his highchair SERIOUSLY breaks my heart! He's just a little fella who things he is a big fella that can do everything by himself!!!! SO cute!

da momma said...

its all the fun of learning to be independent and say what you want.. This too shall pass...:) Hes still a cutie!

Sydney said...

Oh my! Thinking of you right now as you are traveling- I bet he will surprise you on the plane. Cute cute cute honey boy!

Oh, and on the feeding- sometimes they do better when they aren't so hungry in the highchair. So, maybe give him a bottle or some finger foods he really likes first, and then let him feed himself when he isn't so mad. :)

allabouttheallens said...

Wow! Hope you guys have a wonderful trip to Colorado! I will pray for everything to go smooth and that CT gets sleep! I have learned that a baby that gets enough rest is a happy baby, quite the opposite is true if not! Keep me posted!