Monday, September 7, 2009

Colorado Vacation - Day 5, Monday

This was from last night, after everyone went to bed. Shouldda known things would be strange, with a full moon and all, but I'll save that for another post which I'll probably title
"101 ways how NOT to travel with a child".
But I'll keep this post positive and leave all that out and focus on our last day in the mountains, before heading down to the airport, when everything turned south!
Creighton and Riley did the dishes together this morning. They are becoming best friends!
Aren't we both so cute?
Got Paci?!?
Creighton found all his pacifiers and acted as if it were Christmas and his birthday all in one! This kid has decided he LOVES paci's!
While we were cleaning up the breakfast dishes, Donna started shouting "Marty! Marty" and I immediately knew what she was talking about (great minds think alike? strange minds?) and bolted out the front door - without shoes - and tracked the Moose who decided to wander through the neighborhood. I think he's more of a Bullwinkle myself, but we'll stick with Marty since that's what he was called first! And oh, a word of advice: not a good idea to go running around a forest, without shoes on, running over sticks and twigs on the forest floor, when its below 50 degrees, in high-altitude, and a moose could easily decide to turn on you and charge. But, hey, if you're me, and you want cool pictures, just go for it! I came back and reminded Creighton about all the wild life we had seen (most of which I didn't get pictures of) and he was happy! I saw the Red Fox, Fat Little Chippy the Chipmunk, Hummingbirds, and the Osprey. Who knows what other critters were out there!
But in spite of all the cool wild life and the beautiful scenery of the trees, mountains, rain clouds, sunrises and sunsets, the best part of the trip were the ones we spent together cuddling our little guy!But then of course, the view ain't shabby!
Thanks, Poppy & Dee, for inviting us to your new mountain home. Did you ever settle on a name for it? The Mountain House? The Hide-Away? Whatever you decided to call it, if you'll have us, we'll be back real soon!

2 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

All of your pics are AMAZING, and the house if FABULOUS!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

I just realized...Carter has the shirt that Creighton has on in the header pictures! :)