We awoke to another beautiful Colorado morning and went about our day as usual. We had an exciting day planned - we were going to go to Breckenridge to watch a Rubber Ducky race down the river and a Wine Festival. And we were going to meet up with our friends Kasey and Baby Oliver.
We decided a little vomit couldn't stop us so we cleaned little Creighty up, packed up the car and started heading over to Breck.
But then he barfed all over himself in the car seat, so we turned back around and decided an afternoon at home would be a much better idea. We didn't know if Creighton had a little virus or altitude sickness. But whatever it was, we knew Creighton needed rest. So Dee and I stayed home while Poppy and Dave went on to the festivities.
Dave and Poppy had fun I'm sure.
After Creightons nap, we thought fresh air might do him good. Here is Dee sitting with Creighton on the front porch steps.
Any time Creighton sees water, he's much happier, so I played with him on the "Rosenberry River" and of course he loved every second of it. And no more vomits!
Looks like this day is turning out okay afterall!
Dave and Poppy came home and Creighton was all over his daddy
And it looks like a little rest and TLC is all he needed to recover.

So we played and played and enjoyed the fresh air.
See mom, I'm feeling MUCH better!
Creighton even gave Oliver a kiss. It was so sweet!
But one thing I have learned as a new mom is that you should always expect the unexpected (especially when you have plans!)Creighton got sick. No wonder he wasn't interested in drinking any of his bottle or eating any of his food...he had a pretty good barf all over himself, the high chair, the floor, and me. Be thankful I posted this picture instead of the one I took before I cleaned up the high chair tray!
But then he barfed all over himself in the car seat, so we turned back around and decided an afternoon at home would be a much better idea. We didn't know if Creighton had a little virus or altitude sickness. But whatever it was, we knew Creighton needed rest. So Dee and I stayed home while Poppy and Dave went on to the festivities.
Dave and Poppy had fun I'm sure.After Creightons nap, we thought fresh air might do him good. Here is Dee sitting with Creighton on the front porch steps.
Looks like this day is turning out okay afterall!
So Kasey and Oliver came over to play. Creighton met Oliver twice before now: once around Thanksgiving, when Oliver was still in Kasey's tummy and then also in the spring when Oliver came to Dallas for a visit.
How happy are these little buddies to be reunited? Their mommies sure are happy!
The boys played while the mommies talked. Even though Creighton is 4 months older than Oliver, they are almost the same size! When I took this picture, I wondered to myself "will these boys be college roomates one day?!?"
When it was time for Oliver to go home, Creighton missed him and seemed to be looking around for him. : (
Then Creighton played with his other playmate, Poppy! What a fun grandpa : )

Then, the rain clouds rolled in and it was time to watch football.
So we blew kisses across the mountain range to Oliver. We'll see you again soon, little buddy!
Then, the rain clouds rolled in and it was time to watch football. Yay, Aggies. And - for Poppy & Dee's sake - Yay, Bears!
What a gorgeous sunset to end the day.
More exciting times ahead tomorrow I'm sure!

3 comments:
Sounds like you guys are having a fun vacation! Colorado is so beautiful this time of year!
THE SKY!!!!! wow!
Oh no! The vomits are never good. Andrew's first was on Christmas Day 2005...nice!
Looks like you guys are making the most of it anyway. I want to go to Colorado NOW!
Post a Comment