Sunday, September 6, 2009

Colorado Vacation - Day 4, Sunday

*I don't know why the spacing is all off...but I'm just gonna go with it. Sorry for the strange look of this post!*

Good Morning! Creighton is feeling much better after a good day of rest. So we have an exciting day planned. First, we start off with a little family breakfast. And Creighton's appetite was certainly back!


After the morning nap, we all went off for a short hike...we had something very cool to introduce to Creighton....

We hiked to the top of a hill to feed the Chipmunks! Fat little critters...they ate out of our hands and stuffed their little cheeks full of sunflower seeds.
Creighton got to touch one, and feed a few out of his own hands. Very exciting experience!

Dee told him a story about the chipmunks

Poppy had the magic touch to bring them closer

And after the afternoon nap, while Dee and I were out shoppin at the Outlet Stores, Dave took Creighton on a real hike...until it started raining and they had to come back.
But they were rewarded with this beautiful rainbow!
God sure knows how to create beautiful things
And we think this is one of them!
Another amazing sunset to put an end to a great day in the mountains!
There's no place like (Poppy & Dee's new) home!

2 comments:

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

LOVE the new header picture!!!!!! Looks like ya'll are having an amazing time!!!!!!

Sydney said...

I am just now reading all the updates- BEAUTIFUL time you had!
I love the black/white pick of C with his finger on his lips. Too cute.
Are they living up there full time now or is this a vacay home? How much fun is that!