Sunday, September 26, 2010

Sleep Training

My baby girl sleeps all through the night!
I put Harper down sleepy but awake at 7pm and I see her again, happy (well, she's still kinda fussing at me in the morning, not quietly/happily waiting yet, but that will come soon) and ready to be picked up at 7am. No feeding in the night, no pacifiers in the night. The only problem is that I really miss her during those 12 hours I don't see her!
Just like with her brother, I followed a very strict sleep training program and was determined to have my babies sleeping through the night quickly. Not just so mama could get some zzzz's but also so that we could establish a foundation of proper sleep from an early age.
This book was my model. And I SWEAR BY IT!
It costs about $10 and takes about 1 hour to read. And it's just the best money and time I've ever ever spent! The friends who recommended it to me (Gilbran & Courtney Andujar! Back in high school who would've ever guessed that the best parenting advice I'd ever receive would come from Gilbran!!) had perfect success with getting their kids sleeping through the night and everyone I have recommended the book to that has followed it strictly has kids who go to bed easily, sleep through the night, wake up happy and waiting to be picked up.
If I could meet the author Suzy Giordano I would kiss and hug her for hours! She has made our home happy, peacuful, and predictable and our kids well rested!!
Well done, baby Harps, for learning how to sleep through the night by 11 weeks (your brother did it by 10, but I was tougher on him!) and for responding so well to the schedule we laid out for you. I miss you sweet cuddler, but I'll see you in the morning.

2 comments:

Sydney said...

Congrats! I totally agree, it makes a huge difference to have good sleepers from an early age. And yes, you miss them, but I always love hanging out with Chris without all of our little friends around! Good work girlie- she is PRECIOUS!

christine foley said...

YES! This was the best book and I have passed it on to others as well...even if they were skeptical!