So for a few years (pre-children!) Carrie (Clyde) Sawyer, Jessica (Gibson) Tigert and I would get together every few months for sushi. Dave always referred to them as "your sushi girls" and so whenever I mention them to Dave, he always asks "oh, you mean your sushi girls?" Well, our lives have changed a lot since our fun, easy sushi days...we were all pregnant for a while - Carrie currently is pregnant with baby Avery due in 3 weeks - and Jessica moved away to Tennessee. But Dave & I still call them "my sushi girls".
This weekend Jessica came into town, I got to visit them today and introduce them to Harper.
I love my sushi girls and miss our sushi dinners but know we have replaced those dinners with precious moments with our adorable babies! We are so blessed to have these children, and to have our friendships that have litterally been in place since our own infanthoods! Wow! Nothing like having "roots" and sticking to them!

1 comment:
Love you my wonderful friend! Thank you for coming to see us! I am so happy that I was able to love on Harper, get a hug from Creighton and see your amazing smile! Miss you always and Yum sushi!!
Post a Comment