Sunday, July 5, 2009

Paradise

Wouldn't you just love to lounge in a hammock on a beach with no one else around?

Dave and I just spent a week in Paradise doing just that!
We took a trip Monday - Friday to Playa del Carmen, Mexico and stayed about 20 minutes North of town at this amazing little place called "Petit Lafitte"

This was the beach....white sands, clear green/blue water, and no one around!

We had a fantastic time
This was the pool at our hotel, which had only a few guests while we were there.
This was our "spot" on the beach
We stayed in these little cabins on the beach. It was so peaceful.
Look at this beautiful sand and water!
We sipped on fresh fruit cocktails
I mean, REALLY fresh fruit cocktails!
We saw wild jungle birds
About an hour away were Mayan ruins in Tulum, Mexico....see those huge Iguanas on the ancient ruins?
This was a view off the cliffs where the Mayan ruins were located...talk about breathtaking. These pictures don't do it any justice. The ocean was so clear and showcased a variety of greens and blues I've never seen before!
But most of the time, this is what we did, and it's all we wanted to do! We had an incredible time.
Just the two of us
But we couldn't wait to get home to see our little man. Four nights away was almost too long, but just what Dave and I needed for a perfect summer paradise get-away!

3 comments:

da momma said...

oh you deserve that guys! How nice! yall are so cute!

allabouttheallens said...

Wow, Ryan and I may need to look into that... We talked about going on a vacation & that may be the perfect place to go!

Sydney said...

J-E-A-L-O-U-S!!
We are getting away in January after Milly turns a year and I can't wait. We are going to playa but maybe we should check into your place!