Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Borrowed Blogs...

A few of you know that I can get really sentimental (a.k.a. emotional) at times and, especially while I was out on maternity leave, I would sit and think about how amazing this gift was that I had been given and how honored I was that God would send me my little boy. And I would think about how special that parent/child relationship is and how deep that love is automatically, but that how that doesn't even compare to God's love for us, His children! Well, I read this tonight and it just really resonated with how I feel, so I had to post it on my blog as if it were my own thoughts. This was written by Sabrina Beasley...her husband David Beasley and I work for the same company and are friends through work (he was rep of the year, Go Beas!). They have a 14 month old son Benjamin. Sabrina contributes to a website called Family Life Momblog (http://www.familylifemomblog.com/posts_by_sabrina_beasley/)

Here's what she wrote:

Saturday, July 11, 2009
He loves me
by Sabrina Beasley
Today while driving in the car, I turned my rear view mirror to see if my son was doing okay in the back seat. It brought me so much pleasure just to see him sitting there—his smiles, stares, and other little facial expressions, the way he kicked his feet, the way he leaned in his car seat. It was a pleasure just to see him. I found myself smiling with delight and the warmth of love washing over me. Did he know how much I loved him just for being my son?
And then I wondered if this might be a glimpse of how my heavenly Father feels about me. What a profound peace to serve a God who not only calls me by name but also calls me His daughter, and finds His great pleasure in His love for me … and you, too.
Therefore, “Come out from their midst and be separate,” says the Lord. “And do not touch what is unclean; and I will welcome you. And I will be a father to you, and you shall be sons and daughters to Me,” says the Lord Almighty (2 Corinthians 6:17-18).

picture borrowed from my childhood friend Whitney, http://ourlifesmiles.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Sydney said...

b-e-a-u-t-i-f-u-l.