Thursday, February 18, 2010

That little rascal, our baby #2

So last week (Thur, Feb 11) we took a look at this little tyke to see if the baby was a boy or a girl. The stinker was being all shy and wouldn't show us his or her goods. We tried over and over to get a look-see, but this baby's tiny hiney was all tucked up and it was impossible to see. Here is our picture of baby #2 last week
This week was my scheduled perinatologist visit. We spent quite a long time looking at baby, measuring leg bones and arm bones, counting fingers and even checking out the teeth buds. And of course we took a look at the "downtown" region and.....................

This is our little girl!!!!
Yes, that beautiful alien-looking-thing is our daughter! She's looking straight at the camera. Already a little poser : )
I've had a feeling since we confirmed I was pregnant that this was a girl (why else would I feel so miserable? Girls are hard on their mothers!) but Dave was convinced it was a boy until last weeks visit when the baby wouldn't cooperate...since then he's been "preparing himself" for the news that this baby is a girl. We are both excited! We really didn't care one way or the other if this was going ot be a boy or a girl, we just really wanted a clean and healthy report from our doctors (which Amen! we got, as far as they can tell). Now we have to get to work explaining to Creighton that he's going to have a baby sister and start putting some pink into this house. Oh, and we have to get to work on a name for this little darling!

*I have this incredible video from the perinatologist's sonogram and I tried for HOURS to upload it and there seems to be something wrong with the conversion, so you won't be getting a zoomed-in shot of her "lady business" like we'd planned. Sorry the only think you get to see is her creepy skeletor shot!

8 comments:

da momma said...

oh Ali! Im sooooooooooooooo happy for you! (Syd told me when I found out Aydia was a girl that I had my best friedn in my tummy...so Cheers to you my friend!!) Creighton will be a great big brother too!! Praise God! Just so perfect!!

Sydney said...

Woohoo Alli!
I was about to type out what I told Whit (and my other friends when they find out it is a girl) since I didn't want to text the whole thing to you on Thursday,

Welcome to Team Pink! It is so much fun, and you are now carrying your best friend in your tummy :)
CT is going to be such a precious big bro!
Love you!

Team Seghs said...

thank you, sweet girlfriends!!!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Yeah!!!!! A little girl!!!!! What fun! I am SO excited!

allabouttheallens said...

Congrats Alli! So exciting! You will absolutely LOVE having a girl! They are soo much fun!

Jill said...

Just perfect! So happy for you...I'm personally loving team pink over here. ;)

Tigert Family said...

I am so happy for you. I had tears when I got your text. It is so very fun to dress up girls! Love you and miss you my dear friend!!

Kacey said...

Whoooo hooooo!!!! I was right!!!! So excited for you Ali!!!! I'm right there with ya now!!! :)