Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Mother of the Year

I'm gonna win mother of the year award!
I know its early into 2010 to be claiming this award already, but as of today, I am officially the best mom for sure! This morning I "let" my 15 month old slice his finger on a razor blade while I brushed my teeth. I spent 1.5 hours trying to stop the bleeding and every time I took off the gauze to put on a bandaid, it bled lilke crazy. So I finally just put him down for his morning nap with no bandaid or anything so he could just bleed all over his sheets and his lovie. And of course, this happened just 2 days after we cut the tops off all of his pacifiers so he was really easy to soothe this morning! Oh, please, hold your applauds, cause here's another good part. He bled ALL over my favorite white t shirt, the only one I can wear with this expanding belly, and as my poor child is suffering and crying, I had the audacity to think "dang, this is ruining my shirt". I took pictures of the mess so I could show my husband what I (I mean our son) had to endure. Thank you, thank you, other mothers! May you one day strive to be as wonderful as me!
Have a great day. Go hug your kids and tell them how lucky they are to have YOU for a mom! Actually, Creighton recovered pretty quickly and even thought his bandaid was pretty cool
Only a child this precious would forgive such a mother!And future note to self: Creighton can now reach into our bathroom drawers. Daddy's razors need to relocate!

3 comments:

Sydney said...

Oh I LOVE This post! I could so go head to head with you for this award. And I love the part about you worrying about your white shirt- so true.
but, he is so precious- LOVE His long hair!

Sydney said...

Oh, and I wanted to comment that Chris' razors had to move from the top drawer to the toothbrush holder on the counter. THAT can be dangerous for the husband though- then we will be competing for wife of the year award :)

LOVE your updates!

da momma said...

we all learn where things need to relocate...and most of the time its things we never woudl have thought of until it happens! Im up in the running with you and Syd :)