Thursday night was my first night away from Creighton. Dave and I went on a little weekend get-away to New Orleans for two nights to celebrate Dave's birthday (on the 21st). Leaving was hard, but I did well. I had a lump in my throat and a knot in my stomach and eyes filled with tears but I held them all in. This helped me survive the long weekend away from little buddy!

Dave and I had a lovely time in New Orleans, eating all kinds of good food and doing some of the best people watching we've ever done, but last night we were so ready to come home. 

(*see the cute little black backpack hanging off the table? that's my breastpump!)
Rachel, Grandpa & Mimi, and Grandma took care of CT all weekend and said he did perfectly. We knew he'd be fine; it was us that struggled! I'm about to go in and see my little guy for the first time since Thursday afternoon and I can't wait to nuzzle him and kiss on the best little guy in the world!

4 comments:
ah I know that lump!! Good job guys! Yall deserved the get away!
Good for you! It took me almost a year to leave Andrew. And I still don't love it!
I am glad you had a fun getaway. I am leaving Cater for one night the end of June while we go to a weeding in Memphis and I am already sick about it.
Oh Alli! It is so hard, but so worth it- good to spend time with the hubby alone and remember why you love him, and even sweeter to get back home and love on those litte faces!
Post a Comment