Saturday, July 10, 2010

Harper's Here!

Just a few days ago, this was how we knew our little girl, Harper

Saturday, around 2pm, my real labor began! By 4:30 I knew it was the real deal so I told Creighton it was time to go to the hospital to meet his baby sister. He wasn't so thrilled.

And as much as I wanted to meet baby Harper, I can't say I was real thrilled either...I wasn't 37 weeks yet, and I was in a lot of pain...

By 5pm I was checked in to the hospital and 5 cm dilated. Somehow, our family all got to the hospital in record time and I got to see all our parents and even my niece Megan and nephew Brett before things got too ugly. You see, when I arrived at the hospital, I IMMEDIATELY asked the nurses to run my clotting tests so I could get an epidural. By the time the test was back, my doctor said I was 7-8 cm and that Harper would be here in probably about 30 minutes, given how quickly my body likes to move during labor. So no epidural for me. Dang it! I was so looking forward to experiencing what it's like to not feel the lower half of your body, especially when having to push a person out of it.
Here I am, literally about to push! A little pale, a little freaked!

And at 6:39 pm, we met our precious little bundle, Harper Renee!
She weighed a perfect 6lbs and 5.6 oz and was 19 inches long
Daddy is super proud, Momma is too!
By the way, since things went so quickly, Dave didn't get to play too much of a role in labor or coaching me. But when it came time for all THREE of my pushes, he said exactly what I needed to hear and was the perfect team-mate for this whirlwind delivery!
Minutes after she was born, Creighton got to come in to meet his baby sister. He was so sweet, gently touching her nose and giving her a tiny kiss on the mouth. Then our parents all got to come in and visit as well, but Harper didn't stay. They sent her off to the nursery for evaluations and to get cleaned up.
And Harper checked out perfectly! She is 100% healthy and breating well and sucking well and just everything we could have ever imagined and more! AMEN!
She looks a little like her big brother but has a different nose. She is so tiny compared to what we knew with Creighton!
Our little family is complete!
Daddy is adjusting to a girl, bows and all!
And Momma is recovering well (it's a little easier when you don't lose tons of blood!) and totally smitten with this itsy bitsy gal!
MANY more pictures to come. But THANK YOU to everyone who prayed for us during this incredible journey. What a ride it's been and what a blessed outcome!

6 comments:

Sydney said...

Woohoo! As I said in the text the other night- congrats and enjoy loving on your new best girlfriend!
Can't wait to meet her!!

BTW- you are an all star!

Tigert Family said...

I am so glad I looked on your blog today. I have tears and am so thrilled for your new team! I love you so much and can't wait to see more pics of Miss Harper! Thinking and Praying for you always! Welcome to the world of pink, bows and dresses~!

allabouttheallens said...

Wow! I was hoping this time you would get your epidural! Darn! You are my hero for delivering two babies without drugs! You have been in my prayers! Congrats! Harper is beautiful!

Becky Motley said...

Beautiful, awesome story, Ali! So happy for all of you! Praise God from Whom all blessings flow! Your sweet little family is complete and healthy!

da momma said...

so proud of you!!! She is beautiful! God is amazing! love ya girl!

Sheaffer {Pinterest Told Me To} said...

Alli, I bawled when I read this post. I LOVE that your little family is complete! Way to go Mamma. You rock! Looking forward to seeing you and the rest of the fam next week!