Sunday, November 1, 2009

Halloween and Half Marathon

Happy Halloween! (well, yesterday of course.)
Athough we felt like we already celebrated Halloween with Creighton's party, we still had trick-or-treating to do last night
So we pulled Creighton around the neighborhood in his wagon, wearing his Halloween costume
What a perfect evening for trick-or-treating
We set up the spooky cemetary in the front yard and Dave went all out for our trick-or-treaters. I can't believe I didn't take any pictures...strobe lights, haunted music, skulls everwhere...the kids said ours was the scariest house in the neighborhood. Dave was so proud! Creighton slept through it all.
What a good, good boy.
~
And this morning we woke up to the perfect day. Half marathon around White Rock Lake anyone?
No, not me. But here is our running man before the half-marathon.
And here he is during.
Creighton and I found a spot to cheer on the runners as they passed by. I must say we did a great job cheering. Creighton clapped his hands for the runners, it was so stinking cute. Then we saw Dave running up! Yay!
He's lookin good, "strong and steady"
And here is Dave after finishing the half. Of course he finished under 2 hours. Well done!
We hung out with all the other runners after the race. Creighton was intently watching, deciding if he's going to be a runner, too, when he grows up.
Uh oh...Something's up....check out the michevious grin on Creighton's little face...
Oh! I see! Milk or Beer....not surprised at which he chose...he is our child afterall!
Dave, I know you find much reward in running, but I can tell this is your biggest reward of all...celebrating with your little man!
We are so proud of you, Daddy!

No comments: