Now I know it's not customary for people to have a baby shower for their second child, but these lovely women hosted a baby shower for me at my house and I was so honored and thankful! Every baby deserves to be celebrated, right?!? So I told the hostesses to just keep things really casual. Well, it was truly the most elegant baby shower I've ever been to and it was absoultely perfect!
Here I am (yes, standing up!) with my awesome hostesses:
Heather, Aunt Johnna, Me, Cindy, Ashlie, Lindsey, and Kellie (not pictured was another hostess, Kasey, who couldn't come cause she lives in Denver...gotta figure out a way to photoshop her in).
Girls, thank you!
Check out these amazing flowers, arranged by Cindy.
(picture of the cake coming soon...Kellie ordered it from where she got her wedding cake 10 years ago...it was incredible! if only you could taste it through the computer screen!)
Me with all my Mothers
Dee (a.k.a. Donna) Grandma (a.k.a., Linda) and Mimi (a.k.a., Melissa)
Harper is so lucky to have such wonderful grandmas
And of course here I am with my bestie and Harper's future idol, cousin Megan.
And I had not just Megan helping me but Rylee helped with all the gifts, too. Such darling girls who were so helpful and lady-like. I hope Harper grows up to be like them!
I was surrounded by some of my dearest friends and, after 7 weeks of bed rest, I just can't tell you how much this meant to me and how it lifted my spirits!
Kellie, Jessica (who just had baby Holden 3 weeks ago) Erin, Sheaffer and Jill
Now, being showered with some precious gifts was certainly fun!
Check out this stinking cute newborn onesie for Harper
(shout out to ya, Mallory!)
Heather, Aunt Johnna, Me, Cindy, Ashlie, Lindsey, and Kellie (not pictured was another hostess, Kasey, who couldn't come cause she lives in Denver...gotta figure out a way to photoshop her in).
Girls, thank you!
(picture of the cake coming soon...Kellie ordered it from where she got her wedding cake 10 years ago...it was incredible! if only you could taste it through the computer screen!)
Dee (a.k.a. Donna) Grandma (a.k.a., Linda) and Mimi (a.k.a., Melissa)
Harper is so lucky to have such wonderful grandmas
And to also have family who rallied around me was such a blessing and they all encouraged me that I can stand this bed rest another 7 weeks!

Mom, Creighty, Me, Megan, Ashlie, Aunt Karen, Aunt Julia, Aunt Teresa
Check out this stinking cute newborn onesie for Harper
(shout out to ya, Mallory!)
Yes, I admit, we stocked up on some cool items and now Harper's nursery is pretty much complete.
But more than anything Dave, Creighton and I are so thankful to have so many friends in our daily lives (and in our blog lives too) that are praying for us and supporting us.
Harper continues to "cook" in my oven and I am confident I can get to 36+ weeks. But even after she safely arrives, I know these people will continue to pray for and support our family for all our future years to come! On this day I really feel overwhelmed and blessed. It sure was fun to have a party to celebrate that : )
Harper continues to "cook" in my oven and I am confident I can get to 36+ weeks. But even after she safely arrives, I know these people will continue to pray for and support our family for all our future years to come! On this day I really feel overwhelmed and blessed. It sure was fun to have a party to celebrate that : )

4 comments:
so proud of you and how special your friends made that day for you! U R SO PRETTY! :)
luv my shout out! :) Precious shower and you look great! Glad you liked the outfit...i'm planning to come out with margi to see harper and officially meet you after she is born. till then, hang in there! :)
How fun! I totally agree, every baby deserves to be celebrated with the Mommy's best friends!
I am sad I had to miss all the fun! But am so thankful for the visit we had in May! You look beautiful and I can not wait to see pics of CT meeting Miss Harper! Much Much Love!!
Post a Comment