Thursday, October 30, 2008

He's Here!

Creighton Tood Seghers arrived 4:20 am Tuesday, October 28
He weighed 7 lbs 6 oz and was 19.25 inches long
Dave and Alli are head over heels in love!
Around 10:00 pm Monday evening, labor began. Not sure of when to go to the hospital, I woke Dave up a few times but kept deciding to just wait a little longer to make sure this was really "it" before we went to the hospital. Finally, when my water broke at 2am, we went to the hospital. When we arrived at 2:30 am I was dilated 4 cm. They took my blood to measure the clotting times to see if it was safe for me to get the epidural. While laboring and still waiting for drugs, about 45 minutes later I felt this sudden urge to push so I had Dave quickly get a nurse. Yikes! I was a full 10 cm and ready to go! But my doctor wasn't there yet, my lab work wasn't back yet, and I had not yet received the epidural. My doctor got there just in time and a safe, exciting, natural delivery we had! Dave was a fabulous coach and supporter and made it all bearable!
4:28 am, Tuesday, October 28th
8 minutes after arrival! he's already so happy to be here!
5:10 am, Tuesday, October 28th
okay, its starting to sink in -- for dave, he's excited to be a dad! for alli, she can't believe she just delivered without any drugs!
12:30 pm, October 28th
Daddy is becoming a pro!
3:03 pm, Thursday, October 30th
The little family goes home~

No comments: